There are a couple of situations which may cause Outlook to download duplicate messages:
1. Outlook Downloads Messages from a POP3 Server Twice
2. Mail Retrieval Problems Occur When You Receive POP Mail
3. Password Prompt, Duplicate Messages Appear If Outlook Profile Has Two POP3 Accounts
4. POP3 Headers Are Duplicated
5. You are Using Anti-Virus Software
Many anti-virus programs can cause this issue as well. If the message is large, the software causes a 'timeout'. As a result you recieve the message over and over.
How can I stop this situation?
The easiest and fastest solution to this problem is to log-in to the mail server and delete your mail message that is causing the problem - or all of them for a fresh start. (NOTE: make sure that you have downloaded your messages first)
Other things to prevent duplicate emails:
1. Increase your server timeout settings to 10 minutes:
View or change existing e-mail accounts
Select the account corresponding to your account
Click the Change button.
Internet E-mail Settings
My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Outgoing server (SMTP): 25
This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
Server Timeouts (Increase from 1 minute to 10 minutes)
2. Configure Outlook so as not to check e-mail more frequently than ten minutes.
3. Configure Outlook to download complete Item including attachments.
Define Send/Receive groups.
Click to select the group name, and then click Edit.
Under Accounts, click to select the POP3 account.
Download complete Item including attachments.
- 0 Users Found This Useful